The Need to Break Free from the “Upper Room” Mentality
- The willingness to engage in the “mission before the mission”
- The move from Acts 2:1 (in the room) to Acts 2:14 (in front of the crowd)
Kate described the Upper Room as many things. To the disciples it was initially a place where they were afraid (John 20:19), then where they met Christ and where they waited for further instructions (Acts1:8, 1:13-14, 2:1). It was in turn a special place, a place of safety, a hiding place and a place where they encountered the Holy Spirit.
- For us it is not necessarily a place but a mindset, an attitude of heart, a Spiritual comfort zone. Are you hiding, or stuck, or feeling threatened or too comfortable to leave the upper room?
- Are you waiting for the Lord to move when He is actually waiting for you to do the same?
- Are you resting on what you have already achieved?
- In summary, what attitudes are holding back you and your fellowship from moving into the vision that the Lord has for you?
- How did the disciples get out of that Upper Room to face the crowds?