DCL 4.6 Inspiration | Deep Ministry in a Shallow World
Outline of Session
- Mindless ministry
- Four important questions
- What kind of gospel are we presenting?
- Are we welcoming doubts?
- How much intergenerational activity do we have?
- How can we help people feed themselves and others too?
Conference Session by Kara Powell.
(Try and make space to watch this video in one sitting)
1. Personal reflection: Write down one key insight that you can personally take away.
2. Kara described the approach to youth ministry at times being somewhat ‘mindless’. To what extent are you just running the programmes season after season, in whatever area of ministry in your church?
One way of recognising the ‘auto pilot’ approach is to consider if your philosophy of ministry has changed at all in the recent past? Can you identify changes in any of your ministries? What might need to change when looking ahead?
3. Kara, through research that was being undertaken, suggested four important questions for any youth ministry. These can equally be applied to any ministry or your church as a whole.
These questions are shown in the table below. For each, discuss your answers with other leader from your church and consider what adjustments and actions you might need to take as a result.
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association.
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2