DCL 5.4 Inspiration | Against All Odds
Outline of Session
- Harvey’s Background
- When the Odds are Stacked Against You
- How the Citadel of Faith Accomplishes Much with Little
- Any Church Can Do This
- The Challenge
Conference Session by Harvey Carey.
(Try and make space to watch this video in one sitting)
1. Personal Reflection: Write down the key insight from this session that you can personally take away.
2. Harvey Carey believes we are caught in what he terms “paralysis of analysis”. Harvey challenged leaders to choose to take action and stop making excuses for what you can’t do.
- In what areas of your church, ministry or organisation do you see a need to “get out of the huddle” and take action?
3. While your context may look very different than Harvey’s, every community or neighbourhood has its own darkness and need.
- As a team, talk about your church, ministry or organisation and what its darkness or need is. Write your thoughts on a flip chart
- What might be “paralysing” or stopping you or your team from taking action and doing something bold?
- Now brainstorm some practical actions your congregation or organisation could take to make a bold impact in your community or neighborhood.
- Choose one or two actions you could begin to put into action in the next month.
4. Harvey says the role of the leader is to equip; we need to equip the members of our church, ministry or organisation to take ownership and to do the work.
- Write the two actions you chose below and how you will begin to equip the people.
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association.
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2