DCL 4.4 Instruction | Feel the Energy of Possibility Thinking
“Then Caleb quieted the people before Moses and said, ‘Let us go up at once and take possession, for we are well able to overcome it.’ ”
Video Presentation: John Hull, President / CEO, EQUIP
Leaders who embrace possibility thinking are capable of accomplishing tasks that most people consider impossible. Here are several reasons why you should become a possibility thinker:
1. Possibility thinking opens up other possibilities for you.
2. Possibility thinking attracts other possibility thinkers to you.
3. Possibility thinking creates new opportunities for you.
4. Possibility thinking gives you energy.
5. Possibility thinking keeps you from giving up.
6. Possibility thinking creates possibilities for others.
7. Possibility thinking allows you to dream big dreams.
8. Possibility thinking makes it possible to rise above average.
People with a negative mind-set have two choices. They can expect the worst and continually experience it; or they can change their thinking. How does a person learn the skill of possibility thinking? Begin following these suggestions:
1. Stop focusing on all the things that can go wrong.
2. Quit thinking about all the reasons something can’t be done.
3. Stay away from negative thinkers.
4. Avoid “experts.”
5. Look for possibilities in every situation.
6. Question traditional thinking.
7. Find inspiration from great achievers.
- What is your response to this statement? “We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all see the same horizon.”
- When you look to the future of your ministry, what do you see?
- How will you increase your skill as a possibility thinker?
BIBLICAL CASE STUDY
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association.
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2