DCL 4.2 Instruction | Unleash the Potential of Focused Thinking (Part 2)
Video Presentation: John Hull, President / CEO, EQUIP
One must learn to concentrate his or her thinking for a prolonged period of time in order to successfully conquer difficult challenges. Many people achieve what they long thought impossible when they learned how to focus their thinking on areas of life that really matter. How do you determine what matters?
1. Identify your priorities in life.
2. Discover your strengths.
3. Develop your dreams.
- What are your priorities for yourself, your family, and your team? Do you believe they are God’s priorities for you?
How Does a Leader Stay Focused?
1. Remove as many distractions as possible.
2. Do first things first – the activities that give the greatest result.
3. Block off time for thinking.
4. Set specific goals.
5. Empower others to keep you accountable.
To do well at a few things requires that you give up doing many things. Consider these simple principles:
1. I can’t know everyone.
2. I can’t do everything.
3. I can’t go everywhere.
4. I can’t be well-rounded.
Questions to Ask
When deciding where to invest your time and energy, ask:
1. Is this consistent with my priorities?
2. Is this within my area of competence?
3. Can someone else do it better?
4. Do I have time to do it?
5. What do my trusted advisors think?
BIBLICAL CASE STUDY
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association.
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2