DCL 2.1 Inspiration | The Cause: It’s All About People
Outline of Session
- Always in the mind
- Knowing the Father’s heart
- Understanding eternal realities
- Seeing the potential in people
Conference Session by Bill Hybels
(Try and make space to watch this video in one sitting.)
1. Personal reflection: Write down one key insight that you can personally take away.
2. Bill stated that “It’s all about people, it’s all that matters.” To what extent do you agree or disagree with that statement?
3. Bill emphasised that it was people who occupied the mind of Christ and he offered three reasons as to why this might be. He then issued challenges for each. Give consideration to these.
|1. Jesus knew His Father’s heart better than anyone ever had.||
|2. Jesus understood eternal realities better than anyone else ever did.||
|3. Jesus saw the potential in people better than anyone else ever did.||
4. Bill says that you can tell a lot about a person by what is occupying their thoughts.
Take a moment to reflect personally – what occupies the larger percentage of your thoughts these days? Where would people ‘rank’ in your thinking?
Why not finish this session with prayer suited to your response. If you are working with others, share your honest responses and pray for each other, and ask that God would enlarge your heart for people.
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association
DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2