DCL 4.1 Instruction | Acquire the Wisdom of Big-Picture Thinking
Video Presentation: Todd Mullins, Lead Pastor and Shaun Blakeney, Student Ministry Pastor, Christ Fellowship, Florida
Big-picture thinkers are never satisfied with what they already know. They look for opportunities to learn. Big-picture thinkers always are asking questions and listening to the answers. They are good listeners. Big-picture thinkers make an effort to see beyond their own world; they want to see what others are seeing. Big-picture thinkers expand their experience because they expand their world. They accomplish far more than narrow-minded people.
Why should you become a big-picture thinker?
1. Big-picture thinking allows you to lead.
2. Big-picture thinking keeps you on target.
3. Big-picture thinking promotes teamwork.
4. Big-picture thinking allows you to see what others see.
5. Big-picture thinking keeps you from being caught up in the mundane.
6. Big-picture thinking helps you navigate uncharted territory.
- Are you learning from life’s experiences?
- Are you gaining insight from other leaders?
- What are other ways you can become a big-picture thinker?
BIBLICAL CASE STUDY: ABRAHAM
DCL Meditation and Inspiration Media and Notes © Willow Creek Association DCL Instruction Media and Notes © EQUIP Million Leaders Mandate Volume 2