Speaker Spotlight: Patrick Lencioni’s Top 25 Leadership Quotes
Do you ever find yourself dragging your feet on certain tasks? But lose track of time during other activities? There’s a reason for that, and it has to do with how you’re wired.
If you want to thrive and feel fulfilled in your work, you must tap into your inner genius and the genius of your teammates. But that can’t happen if you don’t even know your inner genius or the inner genius in those around you!
This is why, 11-time best-selling author and leadership consultant, Patrick Lencioni is on a new mission to help you unlock your inner genius and the genius of your team via his new Working Genius model.
Patrick Lencioni returns to the GLS stage for the 10th time to share his latest research at our upcoming 3-hour Global Leadership Summit: Special Edition event taking place on 19 March! Get your tickets >>
Patrick Lencioni’s Top 25 Quotes
If you have been to our leadership events in the past, you already know Patrick delivers high-impact talks that shake up teams in the best way, add clarity to your focus and bring humour and levity into your lives. In fact, you may remember some of these top quotes from his thought-provoking talks at the Summit over the years.
But even if this is the first you’ve heard of Patrick Lencioni, you are in for a treat on 19 March!
These quotes will give you a small taste of Patrick’s powerful insights.
- “I’m tired of hearing about servant leadership because I don’t think there’s any other kind of leadership.”
- “Not finance. Not strategy. Not technology. It is teamwork that remains the ultimate competitive advantage, both because it is so powerful and so rare.”
- “We have to have the courage as leaders to address the uncomfortable problems in our people.
Ideal team players have people smarts.”
- “If you are a leader, you have to be vulnerable first.”
- “Humility is the antidote to pride.”
- “When interviewing, get people out of the office and see how they do in real-world situations.”
- “We have to have courage to hire behaviour over skill.”
- “Scare people with sincerity.”
- “The single greatest advantage any company can achieve is organisational health.”
- “Every endeavour of importance in life brings with it a measure of discomfort.”
- “Organisations learn by making decisions, even bad ones.”
- “When there is trust, conflict becomes nothing but the pursuit of truth.”
- “There is no such thing as too much communication.”
- “If you can’t measure something, you can’t improve it.”
- “The only way to build trust is to overcome our need for invulnerability.”
- “Teamwork begins by building trust.”
- “One of the ways we manifest humility is by being vulnerable.”
- “When we fail to acknowledge our humanity, our people will fail to trust us.”
- “When we forget to invest in relationships with people, we’re throwing money in the fire.”
- “People need to be reminded more than they need to be instructed.”
- “Organisational health is the single greatest competitive advantage that any organisation has. It’s free and is accessible to any leader and yet remains largely untapped.”
- “We have to speak the kind truth.”
- “Being a leader means sacrificing yourself for the well-being of others.”
There is always something new to learn from Patrick Lencioni—we are excited to have him back again!
Get your tickets and join us on 19 March to hear Patrick layout his practical Working Genius model and how you and your team can use it to find fulfilment.
During The Global Leadership Summit: Special Edition, not only will you have a chance to hear from Patrick on unlocking your inner genius, but he will also be joined by Vanessa Van Edwards and Craig Groeschel for 3+ hours of high-impact sessions to help you get equipped with clarity of vision and new energy to forge ahead in your leadership.
We hope to see you there! Get your tickets today >>